An Innovative Women’s Course on Health & Wellness for Mid-life Transition
Offered by Women’s Health Specialists, University of Minnesota
Want a greater understanding of how to deal
with life transitions? Need a plan to maintain your vibrancy,
a healthy future and more joy? Please join us!
This 4-week resilience model program guides you through the physical and psychological changes experienced throughout the transitions in life:
- Learn integrative self care practices and lifestyle skills for managing common health challenges in midlife in a supportive small group setting
- Explore conventional and alternative health care therapies
- Gain a renewed understanding of anatomical and physiologic changes
- Create a sustainable healthy and resilient lifestyle
- Invent strategies for wellness throughout the lifespan
- Topics: menopause treatment, bone health, nutrition, body change, insomnia, sexuality, stress reduction, redefining self and relationship role.
Classes will have weekly interactive discussions and may include any of the following guest presenters from Women’s Health Specialists Clinic:
- Carrie Terrell MD, ObGyn: Your Body, Your Questions
- Carolyn Torkelson MD: Integrative Approaches to Menopause.
- Diana Drake DNP WHNP: Cultivating a Restorative Practice
- Cathy Bogolub MD, Integrative Nutritionist: Food as Medicine
- Dona McGlennen, Traditional Chinese medicine: Acupuncture & Energy
- Maria Sigurdson, MA: Reiki Therapist: Tools for Self Care
- Karin Larsen PhD, Psychology: Exploring & Redefining Self during Life Change
- Laura Stevens Randall : Massage Therapy and Self-Care
*Series facilitated by Becky Gorman, PA, Health Coach
For more information contact Becky at 612-998-8213 or by email at email@example.com